Compatibility of openQCM NEXT for electrochemical QCM (EQCM) experiments

Hello,

May I know if the openQCM NEXT can be configured for an electrochemical QCM (EQCM) experiment, as in the attached figure? I understand that accessories for pipetting and microfluidic connections to the QCM sensor are available. If I were to use the openQCM NEXT instrument with the pipetting accessory, would it be possible to dip the section containing the sensor module into a beaker of solution as in the setup shown?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Hi huijeanlim,
    regarding your question, in principle, it is possible to use NEXT electronics with the configuration you showed me (by connecting the right quartz electrode as working). Anyway, actually, in my opinion, it is not possible to use our default modules (including the pipetting) for placing the electrochemical probes (there is not sufficient space). So you should design your custom top cover. If you would like to do this, I can share the Design of the sensor holder. Anyway, I would like to inform you that we are designing an electrochemical module both for openQCM Q-1 and openQCM NEXT, which we will launch within the first quarter of 2023. So very soon these accessories will be available! I hope this will help you.
  • Hi Raffaele, thanks for your prompt reply. Great to hear the update, will be looking forward to the new accessories!
  • You are welcome and thank you too!!!